President-elect Barack Obama has asked Bishop Gene Robinson, the openly gay Episcopal bishop who helped advise him on gay rights issues during the campaign, to deliver the invocation at a kickoff inaugural event on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, two days before the inauguration itself.
If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!
- It’s your party.
- Monday Open Thread
- Greetings from Michigan!
- Link Mania otherwise known as Snark Wednesday
- Epic FB Response to a Homophobic Pastor
- Red? Blue? Purple.
- Poor, Impotent and Supporting Republicans
- It’s 2013 people!
- Charter School Paychecks/Payoffs
- Gov Deal. Still a Prick.
- Dear Sue Everhart,
- Rest in Peace, Elwin Wilson
- Sponsor a Young Democrat
- Ta Ta, Trevor
- “Party-line vote”
- Giant Chasm of Dreck*