First, Gov. Sanford takes his Christian “spiritual advisor” on a road trip to NYC so he can dump his soul mate. Which is beyond absurd because 1. Who takes a friend with them to dump someone? 2. Couldn’t Sanford and his spiritual advisor have had this conversation in SC instead of traveling to NYC? 3. Since Sanford obviously didn’t dump is soul mate during the NY trip, what did his “spiritual advisor” tell him – “oh yeah keep cheating on your wife cause your soul mate is much nicer”.
Seriously, this “spiritual advisor” really needs to have a talk with the Lord about his job description. Be warned the above link goes to the Christianity Today political blog.
Secondly, what the heck is up with the Christian fellowship that Sen. Jon Ensign needed to tell him that ruining 2 families was not a smart idea.
Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn was part of a group of Washington-based intermediaries that confronted fellow Sen. John Ensign in an effort to convince him to end an extra-marital affair.
In an effort to try to end the affair, Hampton told Ralston he reached out to a group of “intermediaries involved in a Christian fellowship home in Washington, D.C.,” the Sun reported. The group “confronted Ensign and suggested that the Hamptons needed to be given financial assistance – in the millions of dollars – to pay off their $1 million-plus mortgage and move them to a new life away from Ensign,” according to the Sun’s report.
And did the really brilliant, Sen. Ensign end the affair – nah, the brilliant wizard continued the affair, gave pay raises to both his mistress and her husband (his staffer), got their son employed with the Republican Party and finally paid everyone off with a severance package of $25,000.
Do ya really need a group of Christians sitting around a living room to let you know that breaking your marriage vows are wrong; especially when your entire political career is based on saving “family values”? The Party of NO definitely says Yes when it comes to cheating on their wives while protesting that Obama and Democrats are destroying American families.
- Brian on Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- JMPrince on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Peaches on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Gerald on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Jilly on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Juliana on TGIF Open Thread
- Bob Peckerwood on TGIF Open Thread
- JMPrince on Sweet Baby Jesus on a breadstick, what an ass
- Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- TGIF Open Thread
- Happy Pride Month!
- Sweet Baby Jesus on a breadstick, what an ass
- Tuesday Roundup
- Chair to Resign Post at Democratic Party of Georgia. Complete with Details.
- Dear John, oops I mean Mike
- “Details” Watch: Day 4 (Can I Get a Witness?)
- “Details” Watch: Day 3 (It’s the By-Laws, Stupid!)
- “Details” Watch: Day 2 Fact Checker
- “Details” Watch: Day 1
- Snark Wednesday-Open Thread
- Memorial Day
- It’s your party.
- Monday Open Thread
- Greetings from Michigan!
- Link Mania otherwise known as Snark Wednesday