I hate to have to write this post. Not for the fact that Chuck is leaving the race for the reason why.  I just fired off a press release from the campaign to the media stating that Chuck was leaving the race.  The reason for him leaving is family reasons.

Chuck was quoted as saying,”“I want to thank every volunteer who helped to get me on the ballot. I also would like to thank Jane Kidd and the Democratic Party of Georgia along with the local county parties throughout the district who volunteered their time. Together we achieved what many thought we could not.  It is a testament to the grassroots support of the district and also the local Democratic Parties that we were able to do this. I wish them luck with the upcoming election but due to unforeseen family matters I must respectfully bow out of this race.”

All I can say regarding this is that family comes first. Chuck is a great guy and I wish him the best of luck in the future.

11 Responses to Chuck Pardue leave race for State Senate

1. Matt says:

Thankfully, this seat is going to disappear off the map next year anyways.

2. Tim Cairl says:

Oh for the love of God,
    I’m sorry his son was wounded but this is getting ridiculous, how many Ds are we going to have left in the State Senate on Nov 3rd?

• theTrueInsider says:

great sympathy Tim. It a great thing that you are helping to lead the Democratic House Caucus candidates. Amazing family first spirit.

• Tim Cairl says:

Thanks for the personal swipe, but i think i made it clear I’m upset about the state of our state senate races. Has nothing to do with why this candidate withdrew, but about the CSF that is our state senate caucus elections this year.

• JMPrince says:

Was at Applebee’s with a candidate & a researcher/aid on Friday for a working lunch. And I turned to her college aged son who was there with us and exclaimed (in between his arguments on Classical Greek & Roman ethics) loudly about ‘herding cats’. Once again. He stopped and puzzled over that for awhile. Soon afterwards I was smuggling Stonewall Jackson into the Stonewall Dems too. (There’s that ever strange & unusual VMI connection too). But I blame the beer. Happily so too. So yeah. Sometimes if it weren’t for bad luck, we’d have no luck at all, Tim. JMP

Like I said, I’m dearly hoping so, G.

4. Gunner says:

JMP- None of that was involved.

Jay-Zus, I’m hoping there was no back dealing underhanded BS involved here, as usual. Really. JMP

Well I am sorry to hear this.

However this is just one more reason to really have an issue with JB and his shenanigans at qualifying. He basically paved the way for a Republican to gain this seat.

What the fuck? By the way, backstory here.