Dubose Porter announced endorsements today from Representatives: Mary Margaret Oliver, Brian Thomas, Stacey Abrams, Lee Thompson and Margaret Kaiser. Honestly, at this point in the race these endorsements are nothing more than a kind gesture from his fellow Reps., but it’s nice to see some folks buck the trend.
Full release below the fold.
A graphic note to Team Porter. Your new frilly-ass typeface is wrong on every conceivable level. It it the graphic design equivalent of “Tricia” McCracken’s ensemble below.
DuBose Porter today at a press conference received endorsements from Metro Atlanta state representatives for the July 20th Democratic Primary for Governor. They include State Representatives Mary Margaret Oliver (D-Decatur), Brain Thomas (D-Lilburn), Stacey Abrams (D-Atlanta), and Lee Thompson (D-Lawrenceville). Unable to attend the press conference but endorsing DuBose Porter are state representatives Margaret Kaiser (D-Atlanta), and Darryl Jordon (D-Riverdale). Longtime Democratic activist, from Dekalb County, Dr. Ann Abramowitz, is also endorsing DuBose Porter for Governor.
The following remarks were made at the press conference on why DuBose Porter is the best candidate for Governor:
State Rep. Mary Margaret Oliver said, “His stands on ethics legislation have been steadfast and consistent.”
State Rep. Brian Thomas said, “He’ll be a leader on a wide range of issues, including environmental issues that are near and dear to me.”
State Rep. Stacey Abrams said, “He wants to not only spend the money we have wisely, but to do a better job of collecting it.”
State Rep. Lee Thompson said, “When I ran for this seat two years ago, a lot of people told me there was no way a Democrat could win. DuBose knew a Democrat could be elected in that district and he helped me do it. He’s been a leader in education for more than 20 years. He’s been a leader in making sure people have the protection they need for their natural resources and water.”
Dr. Ann Abramowitz, from Dekalb County said, “His record speaks for itself on mental health issues and as Governor I know he will do a great job of helping those who cannot help themselves.”
- Brian on Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- JMPrince on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Peaches on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Gerald on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Jilly on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Juliana on TGIF Open Thread
- Bob Peckerwood on TGIF Open Thread
- JMPrince on Sweet Baby Jesus on a breadstick, what an ass
- Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- TGIF Open Thread
- Happy Pride Month!
- Sweet Baby Jesus on a breadstick, what an ass
- Tuesday Roundup
- Chair to Resign Post at Democratic Party of Georgia. Complete with Details.
- Dear John, oops I mean Mike
- “Details” Watch: Day 4 (Can I Get a Witness?)
- “Details” Watch: Day 3 (It’s the By-Laws, Stupid!)
- “Details” Watch: Day 2 Fact Checker
- “Details” Watch: Day 1
- Snark Wednesday-Open Thread
- Memorial Day
- It’s your party.
- Monday Open Thread
- Greetings from Michigan!
- Link Mania otherwise known as Snark Wednesday