Really Karen, isn’t it enough you’re a quitter and flip flopper but just six days till primary and facing all the serious problems in GA, it’s kids in foster care and gay people you’ll sacrifice to get elected?

Oh, wait did I lose some of you back there… um sorry.

Today, on her uberplush looking campaign bus, Karen Handel, Republican candidate for Governor of Georgia who’s resume is thinner than a rice noodle, told WXIA’s Doug Richards that she would have no problem with a ban on adoption by same sex couples. Why?? Well cause you know, for all those really “good” reasons like she’s a Christian and whatnot.

Hey Karen, I know lots of Christians who aren’t homophobic.  Get a new line.

Try this one “well Doug, although I have “gay friends” ( yeah don’t they all) I can’t get elected in GA if I have the decency to allow them to avail themselves of you know (hair flip) their civil rights! Geesh Doug are we going to talk about this all day! Don’t you want to ask me about all the brown people I want to deport?”

So heads up LBGT folks and allies, Karen, when running for fill-in-the-blank, will give the Log Cabinettes a $75.00 check but lets be clear “SHE”S NOT A MEMBER” and she doesn’t agree with you, but she’ll come to your meetings and campaign there.

She’s voted against extending same sex benefits to you and your partner and is damn proud of it.

She’s against marriage or civil unions for you.

If you want to adopt children either your partners biological children or foster children she’d ban that too.

Cause, yeah she’s a Christian… got it.

The video is pretty clear that she’s as homophobic as you can possibly be.

Bitch, please.

Tagged with:

15 Responses to Handel and teh “Gayz”

1. Juliana says:

I sent this to one of the most widely read “gay” bloggers… Joe MY God, and he posted it. YAY

Here’s his post.

You’ve made the big time now you miserable twit.

2. Tim Cairl says:

In honor of Ms Handel, propose a video in song, note the special appearance of miss Handel at the very end of the clip where she makes her cameo.

3. Stefan says:

But the state pays for foster care. It is cheaper if we can get kids adopted, which will then allow us to lower funding to foster care, which means we can then lower taxes or spend it on “go fish”.

I just don’t see how the generally accepted “conservative” view is truly conservative.

4. Gunner says:

Ol G.E.D. Jane sounds about as homophobic as you can get. I like how every GOP candidate, G.E.D. Jane included spends about 45 seconds talking about bringing new jobs to Georgia then 10 minutes on how they hate people (folks who are not WASPS and LBGT). If I was the log cabins republicans i would gladly return her membership check and tell her to get back on the hate buss.

• Steve Golden says:

Yeah I saw that yesterday. It’s a freaking joke. I mean, look, I get how some people don’t want the gayz to marry, but anyone who would condone violence or bigotry against them is just…..I can’t even say it here.

Well not really, but still vile all the same. For oh, damn, more than 30 years? This Rethug position has made just no damn sense for me from any angle anyone might imagine. ‘I want the suffering of little children because I want to outlaw some of the families of folks willing to take them in’. The Puritans of the 18th & 19th centuries would damn her for her rank idiocy & abject cruelty. JMP

6. kimberly says:

She’s Goebbels in pearls.

7. Ebb says:

Will all the Gay Republicans still vote for her?

• ryan says:

of course. “cuz she gonna not make me pay so much. I likes her. she nice. well, not nice to me but she smart. I no like pay no lots o money. I don need no rights. I gay, but I republican so I covered”

8. Holee What A Moron says:

Handel thinks she can direct the conversation that Doug Richards intends to have with her. She’s not a very skillful politician, is she?

Well, she doesn’t have his flair for fashion, seems like she’s still wearing same unfortunate black jacket from the debate on sunday.

10. MouthoftheSouth says:

Ironically, she seems to have adopted/stolen Liberace’s bus.

Fuck her.