I know all y’all are going to be getting up close and personal with the disclosure reports today. So, please, do come back here and fill us in on the surprises and disappointments you find.

21 Responses to Open Thread: Disclosure Deadline Edition

1. Keith says:

House District 176. Jason Shaw (R) raised just over $44,000. Debra Tann (D) raised $450. From the way things are looking down here, we don’t have a shot at keeping that seat.

2. Ed says:

For a sign of…something… At this point in 06, Mark had raised just shy of $7 million, and Cathy, $5.6 million. That is total money raised.

Also why is Cathy’s governor campaign listed as active?

3. From Insider Advantage Georgia says:

Roy Barnes raised $1.29 million, spent almost $3 million and had cash on hand of $1,152,567.

Thurbert Baker raised $545,202, spent $738,984 and had cash on hand of $430,862.

David Poythress raised $220,867, spent $220,315 and had cash on hand of $306,280.

DuBose Porter raised $66,603 during the period, spent $217,880 and had cash on hand of $101,304.

4. Melb says:

Well, it is also impressive that Hodges outfundraised the Republicans as well! We need a candidate who can raise money and Hodges is the guy to do it. 🙂

$265,000!!!!

Yes more money is almost always ‘better’ somehow. Not always ‘winning’ though. Learning how & when to avoid possible train-wrecks, always ever more invaluable though. Again where possible. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTBF6gj_K9M

6. Melb says:

Might doesn’t make right, but it can’t hurt. I am just very proud of the campaign for working so hard and raising all that money!!!

There you go, ‘might makes right’. JMP

8. Melb says:

HODGES OUTRAISED ALL OPPONENTS AGAIN!!!

$265,000k – very impressive!!!

9. Wow... says:

Looks like Dubose is done.

• Melb says:

I don’t think so. He has spent his money very wisely and still has 100k in the bank. He has done radio, some TV, and print. I think he is doing a great job!

Sen. Isakson raised 7.3 million and has 4 left, yeah… our guys aren’t going to DC anytime soon.. Hey thanks Commissioner Thurmond for vacating a safe seat for us.

11. Joseph G says:

I would like to suggest that you guys open up your RSS Feed so that people can read the whole article in a reader. Currently, I only see a snippet of text in my BfD feed. It’s a toss-up whether I’ll click to read more on the website or not. If it’s a post I can check out more in-depth, though, I’m more likely to click through to the website and take more time to read it. I’ll also click there to read the comments.

Just a suggestion. You should be able to change it pretty easily if you’re interested in doing that by going to the “Reading” menu in the dashboard

12. Melb says:

Carl Camon is reporting 5 grand this reporting cycle.

13. Kimberly says:

So far nothing on JB Powell

14. Steve Golden says:

Surprise #1: Tricia McCracken has above $.01 disclosed.