Anyone done a statistical analysis of the the effect of primacy in voter’s minds? Certainly seems like the first candidate to go up on the air usually wins.

24 Responses to Teilhet Up On the Air

1. Stefan says:

Hey Joe! Love the blog!

Did you check the courts of Workers Compensation? I am guessing no. Do you know the ratio of workers comp cases the AG’s office handles to criminal cases? would you guess 20 to 1? 50 to 1? Want to guess?

If you were an actual person you’d guess. It’s just too intriguing.

2. Joe says:

Rob Teilhet has NEVER prosecuted a criminal case. Period. Teilhet is only listed in court records as having handled 14 cases, a large portion of these were minor traffic violations. So Teilhet’s ad only highlights DNA legislation that never went anywhere. He’s done NOTHING to give himself the experience to be Attorney General!!!!

3. Ed says:

Saw the Hodges ad on TV, it is good. I would have liked a different voiceover and the use of an indefinite article when stating his slogan but I’m not sure how much that matters.

Haven’t seen Rob’s ad on TV yet.

EDIT: And BTW, you guys messed up the Keyboard Cat meme….

4. parker404 says:

Excellent ad. The “Eyes of a Father” theme is wonderful.

Is that Teilhet himself in the fake mugshot photo on the ad? Pretty cool if it is.

5. Stefan says:

You know what was amazing? the CSI:Atlanta reference. Not sure if I was the only one who caught it, but it was nice.

6. Amy Morton says:

Let me see if I can follow the logic here. In a republican controlled legislture, Teilhet sponsored the DNA bill, got several republicans to co-sponsor it, and then single-handedly killed it in a republican-controlled committee. If Rob is that powerful, we darn well better elect him. More likely, the republican leadership didn’t want to feather the cap of the likely democratic nominee for Attorney General.

• Steve Golden says:

I’m just wondering why NOBODY has commented on my CSI:Atlanta thing. I thought it was clever, and frankly I am insulted that nobody is giving me my due.

• Melb says:

haha. no. k.i.s.s. He did it for the press – plain and simple. I only pointed out that there were republican sponsors to show that if he wanted to push his agenda or roll up his sleves and do some work, he had the opportunity, but actions, or lack there of, speak louder than words.

• Steve Golden says:

I think Amy makes a good point.

That being said, I think everyone knows at this point where I stand, so, in an effort to keep my sanity, I’m going to slow down the amount of commentary I provide. Mainly because everyone is entitled to their own opinion, however wrong I think it is 😉

Oh, and I sincerely hope everyone knows that I do not bear any hatred towards anyone because of who they support. I’m a passionate guy, and sometimes that comes out a bit…dickish? Yeah. That’s a good word to use.

7. Melb says:

Well if you have actually looked at the bill you would see that it was co-sponsored by many Republicans.

• Melb says:

with one of the sponsors – Jay Neal (R) – even on the committee that the bill went to.

8. I like the Teilhet spot. Kudos to him for leading with the controversial DNA database.

• Steve Golden says:

It’s exciting and sexy, if you can ever call a political ad either of those things (well, at least ones not from Alabama).

• Melb says:

It is the whole reason he sponsored the bill in the first place – to have something to put in his commercial.

• Steve Golden says:

That’s one heck of a charge. Got any evidence to back it up?

• Melb says:

How about the fact that he had a big press release about it and then never even pushed it enough to go for a committee vote?

• Steve Golden says:

I don’t know the whole history of it, however you also do have to keep in mind the fact that the GOP leadership doesn’t much care for anything proposed by a Democrat. So, again, are you absolutely sure that Rob Teilhet doesn’t actually believe in it?

• Jen B. says:

I sure as hell hope he doesn’t. A DNA database for non-convicted felons is unconstitutional bullshit.

9. Steve Golden says:

Personally, I like the CSI Atlanta ad better, though I might be biased. If he could only have gotten Gil Grissom on board with it.

10. Mel says:

Well, Hodges went on air today too. No details on either ad buy.