25% of Americans have doubts Obama was born in America.

The baseline percentage of idiots in America has always been around 25% or so (number of people who think 9/11 was an inside job, believe they’ve made contact with aliens etc.) Glad to see we don’t have any more idiots than we normally do.

I believe that if all of those 25% took up the art of bonsai, they would discover the true harnessed beauty that comes from mimicking resplendent nature and the knowledge it unlocks.

Tagged with:

13 Responses to 1/4 of Americans Still Idiots

And easily 1/3 in Ga. on most measures too. In other semi-urgent news Alvin Green’s Doppelgänger possibly found in Milwaukee with candidate Griffin:

2. griftdrift says:

Here’s the one that will drive you crazy.

15% of……..DEMOCRATS think he’s not a citizen.

Then again, I once met a woman at Manuels who swore she knew where the stolen 2004 ballot boxes were located.

Everybody’s got their crazies.

believe they’ve made contact with aliens etc..

Eh. I’m not sure that believing aliens have made contact with Earth is idiot-worthy, but.. maybe I’m an idiot. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to get some more tin-foil for my hat.

• Ed says:

No that is, whatever. The poll I am talking about (I’ll have to dig it up) is that 25% of Americans think they have made personal, individual contact with aliens.

4. Sara says:

I always forget the percentage Richard uses as the minimum for any crazy theory people are polled about. I want to say it’s 14%? Anyhow, his point is that there is a baseline minimum poll result for the crazy option in any poll, that it never really falls below. You can ask people if they believe the world will end in 2012 like they said in that movie, and at least 14% will reliably say yes.

So really we just need to worry about that other 11% who have bought in.

5. griftdrift says:

I just put a stick in the ground outside my office in your honor