Here we are on the Thursday afternoon before Labor Day, and Nathan Deal continues to do his “I’ll reveal my tax returns when I’m good and ready strip tease” while his lawyer defends him.

Anyone who’s ever watched the West Wing knows  that more often than not, whatever a politician intentionally releases on Friday is a story they’d hope to bury. Surely, Deal will not dump his trash reveal his returns tomorrow. Surely, he will not join the ranks of crooks and liars who’ve used the Friday Trash Dump Strategy.

Here are just a few of those he’d be joining:

Friday releases are common, but when a politician has the option of a trash dump on the Friday before a holiday weekend, that’s a Blue Light Special for the ethically challenged. It’s almost too good to resist.  I’m guessing Deal understands how it would look and will surely, surely not release those returns tomorrow.

Tagged with:

10 Responses to Friday Trash? Surely Not.

1. Mad Dog says:

You guys and gals have Deal all wrong.

He’s too stupid to be this corrupt.

Beady eyed, sneaky, double dealing, double crossing, low down no account generally worthless & corrupt so & so? Nope, no need for all that, he’s clearly one of our own! JMP

3. Gunner says:

Whatever. All this talk about his tax returns is nonsense! Are you people forgetting that he STILL hasn’t released his birth certificate?

We need the corporate too, but it sure sounds screwy so far. Who did the returns BTW? That’s important to know too. JMP

5. Amy Morton says:

So, can we conclude that Nathan takes our advice? Kidding.

Did you look at that 2006 return? $225,381 in capitol gains; $233,240 loss from “rental real estate, partnerships, trusts” etc, and then he overpays his taxes by $68,983.00. Wow, that’s one heck of an overpayment.

6. Amy Morton says:

It’s just the front sheets – no schedules. What’s the fun in that?

7. Peter Tondee says:

Can’t find the orig AP story so I’m guessing Galloway ripped it fresh from the wire…

8. Amy Morton says:

Same thing. I guess he’s more like Glenn than Newt. You’re right, though, it’s the corporate returns that matter. Funny, too. I googled all over the place before I posted this, and found nothing. Galloway posted at 6:59. When did the AP piece go up?

9. Peter Tondee says:

No, not tomorrow. He released them tonight. Galloways got the deets, and I’m sure the digging will commence. Notice no salvage company returns however, which is prolly the more revealing get.