Here we are on the Thursday afternoon before Labor Day, and Nathan Deal continues to do his “I’ll reveal my tax returns when I’m good and ready strip tease” while his lawyer defends him.
Anyone who’s ever watched the West Wing knows that more often than not, whatever a politician intentionally releases on Friday is a story they’d hope to bury. Surely, Deal will not dump his trash reveal his returns tomorrow. Surely, he will not join the ranks of crooks and liars who’ve used the Friday Trash Dump Strategy.
Here are just a few of those he’d be joining:
- Richard Nixon resigned as President of the United States on Friday, August 9, 1974.
- Deal supporter, Newt Gingrich, during an interview with James Dobson that aired on Friday March 9, 2007, admitted he had an affair during the Clinton probe.
- Mark Foley resigned in disgrace on Friday, September 29, 2006 amid allegations that he exchanged sexually explicit notes with a teenage boy. On Friday, October 3, his lawyer announced that Foley was “not a pedophile.”
- Deal supporter Glenn Richardson bucked the trend, resigning on Thursday December 3, 2009.
Friday releases are common, but when a politician has the option of a trash dump on the Friday before a holiday weekend, that’s a Blue Light Special for the ethically challenged. It’s almost too good to resist. I’m guessing Deal understands how it would look and will surely, surely not release those returns tomorrow.
- Brian on Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- JMPrince on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Peaches on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Gerald on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Jilly on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Juliana on TGIF Open Thread
- Bob Peckerwood on TGIF Open Thread
- JMPrince on Sweet Baby Jesus on a breadstick, what an ass
- Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- TGIF Open Thread
- Happy Pride Month!
- Sweet Baby Jesus on a breadstick, what an ass
- Tuesday Roundup
- Chair to Resign Post at Democratic Party of Georgia. Complete with Details.
- Dear John, oops I mean Mike
- “Details” Watch: Day 4 (Can I Get a Witness?)
- “Details” Watch: Day 3 (It’s the By-Laws, Stupid!)
- “Details” Watch: Day 2 Fact Checker
- “Details” Watch: Day 1
- Snark Wednesday-Open Thread
- Memorial Day
- It’s your party.
- Monday Open Thread
- Greetings from Michigan!
- Link Mania otherwise known as Snark Wednesday