Hollee Crap, I still can’t quite believe it. Late this afternoon, Senator Chambliss called Joe Jervis, author or Joe.My.God blog and offered an apology over the “all faggots must die” incident.
Reading through the comments, most folks are willing to be very gracious towards the Senator. Me, meh, not so much. I think there is much more to this “staffer” whose now been “removed”. I’m so cranky and crusty these days that I have a feeling this character was so bad that the Senator had to get out in front of this and build some good will before the other shoe dropped, if you know what I mean.
I’ve lobbied both our Senators staff on a whole host of LBGT issues, and generally they are very polite and cordial giving me just enough time to not feel like we got the brush off. In each circumstance we left with no illusion that they were planning to support the legislation.
I am however very happy for the Queer Justice League, they must have had one whopper of a meeting yesterday!
- Brian on Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- JMPrince on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Peaches on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Gerald on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Jilly on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Juliana on TGIF Open Thread
- Bob Peckerwood on TGIF Open Thread
- JMPrince on Sweet Baby Jesus on a breadstick, what an ass
- Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- TGIF Open Thread
- Happy Pride Month!
- Sweet Baby Jesus on a breadstick, what an ass
- Tuesday Roundup
- Chair to Resign Post at Democratic Party of Georgia. Complete with Details.
- Dear John, oops I mean Mike
- “Details” Watch: Day 4 (Can I Get a Witness?)
- “Details” Watch: Day 3 (It’s the By-Laws, Stupid!)
- “Details” Watch: Day 2 Fact Checker
- “Details” Watch: Day 1
- Snark Wednesday-Open Thread
- Memorial Day
- It’s your party.
- Monday Open Thread
- Greetings from Michigan!
- Link Mania otherwise known as Snark Wednesday