Granted, the execution might be a little corny here, but this is the message I’ve been waiting for from the Barnes campaign. The fact is, for most of us, times were better then than now. I’m pleased to see Roy’s team remind voters of this simple and compelling point in his favor. Don’t dig the old white dudes? I’m hoping for a series of these, covering every demographic.

Tagged with:

9 Responses to Slippery as a bag of snakes

1. Sara says:

Barnes has always needed to win over a healthy chunk of the good old boy vote if he’s gonna win. In fact, I think that’s why so many state Rs were terrified of the prospect of Karen Handel being the nominee–because she probably instantly lost a lost of those votes by virtue of being a girl. However, I agree that Barnes should probably be targeting other demographics with his ads, too. He can’t take anyone for granted right now.

2. David says:

What do folks think will be the make-up of the electorate this year? If it were AA: 26%, Wh: 67: and others: 7% (If someone could break-out Latino, Asian, and so-on that would be great), then this gets Barnes to 51% AA: 90% of the vote, Wh: 35%, Others: 67%. According to the latest poll he is getting 27% of the White vote.

3. Mel says:

Which is exactly why I’d like to see variations on the theme.

4. David says:

Of course not, and I doubt that is the plan.

5. David says:

If you read the AJC story on poll numbers, “old white dudes” is where we are the weakest, so if we can target them and take votes from Deal and add them to Roy that is like 2 votes!

All good points. What we need are simple stickers: ‘Shady’ ‘Deals’ ‘No Deals’ & ‘ What are Deal’s Deals?’ But good to see things finally heating up. JMP