Leader – Stacey Abrams
Caucus Chair – Doug McKillip
Vice Chair – Rashad Taylor
Secretary – Debbie Buckner

This is a good crew, I am very happy bout these folks.

Who owes me a dollar? I know someone does.

Everyone else was unopposed, but that is sometimes the greater feat.

11 Responses to Please welcome yoooooooooour Democratic Leadership!

1. BE says:

Congrats to the new leadership, and God speed their work.

2. Mel says:

Wonderful team! Congrats to all, but especially Rep. Abrams.

3. Ed says:

I resist change and opine for yesteryear in just about any situation so… At any rate I can’t get substantively upset, I just don’t like change (really I’m just reminiscing to when we were in power. True story, as a kid I thought Georgia only had elections in July, with the primary). I do like this group though.

4. Trevor Southerland says:

Good group.

5. Tim says:

overall, very happy. go Rep. Abrams!

6. Stefan says:

And Michael Caine!

Seriously, I am hoping we can push hard these next two years on common sense, mainstream ideas and make this a statewide battle.

7. Stefan says:

I like the leaders of the resistance. I think every day should begin by having the caucus watch the movie “Victory”, in its entirety.

8. Julez says:

I wish them all well. This is certainly a milestone, first woman, youngest team, most republican this state has ever been.

Not going to be easy.

Great choices!

10. Steve Golden says:

Could have called this, but still very happy. Great slate, and also great choices.

Now, to leadership, let me give this task to you:

Beyond having to make a big stink of the crap that you are about to see come from the Republican side, you must being to recruit for 2012 NOW. I have gotten to work with Stephanie closely this year, and she did an amazing job recruiting, but we need to not only match her efforts in the next cycle, but top it.

We need someone dynamic, motivated, and passionate to lead this effort, and it needs to begin immediately. I’d suggest starting with finding people that live around Greene, Powell, and Hanner, and moving from there.

Keep them honest early, and often.