I just received an email from the LBGT Caucus Chair, George Johnson informing me that they have decided to endorse Mike Berlon in the race for Chair of the Democratic Party of Georgia.

A formal announcement will be made tomorrow, but he was happy to allow me to post this evening. The short version is:

LBGT caucus officers, Ken Britt, Jim Taflinger, Paul Horning, Bob Giebeling, and myself, are endorsing Mike Berlon to be Chair of the DPG. Mike has reached out to our caucus, has voiced clear understanding of our purposes and needs and has offered his unflinching support.

I have to say I’m quite taken with the phrase “unflinching support”, would that we had more elected officials, state committee members, caucus leaders and community members who could be counted on to do the same.

Any other caucus’s plan to endorse I wonder?

Elections for leadership in the Georgia Democratic Party are this Saturday January 29th in Warner Robbins.

Details below

DPG ELECTION
Jan. 29, at 12:30pm ( Registration begins at 11:30)
Middle Georgia Technical College
Auditorium Building “A”
80 Cohen Walker Drive
Warner Robins, GA 31088

Light refreshments will be served thanks to the local parties.

19 Responses to The Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay & Transgender Caucus weighs in

1. zan thornton says:

The disability caucus endorses:
    Mike Berlon
    Wendy Davis
    Chris Sloan
    Miguel Camacho

…and more. See our press release I sent to yall

More on the story above by the ever useful Frank Schaeffer: “Evangelicals Implicated When Ugandan Gay Rights Activist Was Beaten to Death” (The Family of Wash. DC fame is what he’s talking about. Like I said, the pros. The ones we pay for up there).

Saw this come across and was still stunned. David Kato. Killed by Hate.:

Just an incredibly toxic environment, helped along by the pros.

4. griftdrift says:

Do I need to pick on Ed some more to spark things up?

5. SFultonDiva says:

I wonder if they will endorse in the 1st Vice Chairs race?

6. Julianal says:

@EG.. yes, I saw that Trevor’s FB Update had a number of good comments.

Since the caucus’s are so new.. I wonder how many candidates reached out to them for endorsements.

I heard a rumor that maybe the Disability Caucus might endorse as well.

• Trevor Southerland says:

I know that both Mike and Darryl addressed the LGBT Caucus, even though I missed that meeting.

• zan thornton says:

as vice chair of disability caucus and our chair person is stuck in DC, I can not confirm it yet: officially until I talk to one more person, then we can say officially. it does make a difference when they call and really talk to u. Hint: Mike and 2 others reached out: Wendy Davis, and Chris Sloan.

7. EGaluszka says:

When the stories are shared on facebook, there’s always lots of chatter in those comments.

8. Trevor Southerland says:

Glad to see this!

9. Mel says:

BTW, this is wonderful news!

10. Mel says:

It’s starting to look like Andre’s blog around here with all the entries with zero comments. What’s the matter? Cat got your tongue? Speak people.

• JMPrince says:

Some crass suggestions:

1.) More Open threads. Daily perhaps.

2.) More than 1 link allowed. If for nothing else than clarity.

I’d suggest more, but I’m at my daily limit. JMP