My earlier post related the shenanigans of the Republicans in DC.  Now our Georgia GOP is up to their usual trouble.

Governor Deal, Mr Smaller Government, lower taxes, etc.  has increased his staff and raised salaries.  According to the AJC his office payroll is up 30%.  All while Georgia faces nearly insurmountable budget shortfalls.

But, really my favorite is Representative Bobby Franklin’s proposed “Right To Travel” legislation that would eliminate driver’s licenses.  Rachel Maddow (I do so adore it when Georgia makes it to the big show) quotes Representative Franklin:

One of your inalienable rights is the right to travel, the right to move about without needing your papers,” Franklin told WSB in Atlanta. “You shouldn’t have to have permission from the state to exercise a right that has been inalienably given to you from your creator.

I’ve said it before – Republicans, the gift that keeps on giving.

6 Responses to Georgia Weighs in.

Of course. And we’ve found that wondrous magical mystery land that he hails from. He’s actually a distinguished bird brain, don’t you know: (‘Bill & Coo’ say so too):

It’s a pleasant fantasy world, we just can’t all inhabit it.

2. SfultonDiva says:

Did you guys miss that he he used the Magna Carta as his supporting documentation?!?!?!

3. Dave Bearse says:

I’m cutting Deal slack on the office staff. It’s to be unexpected additional help is needed in a transition.

And on the eighth day God created the motor vehicle, and gave man dominion over all the roadways…

And at the same time, Deal is proposing cuts to pre-k. Way to invest in Georgia!

5. Delicate Flower says:

I believe in government stimulus so if he wants to hire more staff go for it. I mean the scale is minuscule and inconsequential but whatever. After all, jobs are our number one priority.

6. EGaluszka says:

Is it just me or has Bobby Franklin made more of an effort to humiliate the state this year than in past years? Usually it was just the writ of execution bill, but he’s really been piling it on lately.