• Tomorrow, December 6, 2011 is Special & Runoff Election Day in Georgia. Many of the races are listed below the fold.
• Speaking of Election Day, two factions of the GAGOP are slugging it out over SD-50. The results could tip the balance of power in the Senate between dumb and dumber.
• PI pulls a 1997 Supreme Court decision regarding mandatory drug testing of candidates from the archives. Meanwhile, Rep. Scott Holcomb was the talk of the DPG Winter Meeting. He’s energized Georgia Democrats.
• If you haven’t checked out the Democratic Party of Georgia facebook page, go on over. There’s always something interesting there. Really, there is.
• Georgia Democrats elected Liz Johnson as the newest member of the DNC from Georgia on Saturday. Congrats Liz.
• I recently noticed the GBPI has a new blog, Beyond the Numbers.
DECEMBER 6, 2011
Qualified Candidates – House District 68
CITY OF ATLANTA SPECIAL ELECTION
For Board of Education Member • District 2
(To Fill the Unexpired Term of Khaatim Sherrer El, Resigned)
CITY OF EAST POINT
For City Council • Ward A
STEVE BENNETT (Incumbent)
For City Council • Ward B
LANCE RHODES (Incumbent)
For City Council • Ward D
THREET W. BROWN
CITY OF JOHNS CREEK
For City Council • Post 2
STEVEN W. BROADBENT