Better Georgia released a poll showing President Obama only 3 points behind Mitt Romney in Georgia.
Despite this poll, the Obama Campaign has announced that Georgia is not a battleground state, that they do not intend to make Georgia a battleground state and have no desire to expand on the current 2 person staff in state. They are actively recruiting Georgians however, to go to Florida and North Carolina to campaign for the President.
You can read the full poll for yourself here.
As you may remember, in 2008, then Senator Obama only needed 2.7% more of the vote to win Georgia.
I asked Don Weigel, the Political Director for Better Georgia, what he thought the poll results mean, he said:
It’s clear from these results that Georgia voters aren’t happy with Georgia’s leaders and they want a government that works for them. Government is supposed to be us — nothing more and nothing less than citizens banding together to solve problems none of us can solve alone. Problems like creating strong public schools so our kids can compete in the global economy will never be solved unless our elected officials put the needs of their districts ahead of their campaign war chests.
Given the fact that there was no candidate recruitment strategy on behalf of the state party, the house caucus or the senate caucus… leaving Democrats not even challenging for 50% in the state house or the state senate, the fewest Democrats running for office in an even year election than in the past 100 years and the lack of a coordinated campaign effort… no wonder the Obama Campaign is giving up on Georgia despite the relatively small margin that separates the President from a victory here.
- Jeff Anderson on Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- Brian on Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- JMPrince on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Peaches on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Gerald on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Jilly on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Juliana on TGIF Open Thread
- Bob Peckerwood on TGIF Open Thread
- Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- TGIF Open Thread
- Happy Pride Month!
- Sweet Baby Jesus on a breadstick, what an ass
- Tuesday Roundup
- Chair to Resign Post at Democratic Party of Georgia. Complete with Details.
- Dear John, oops I mean Mike
- “Details” Watch: Day 4 (Can I Get a Witness?)
- “Details” Watch: Day 3 (It’s the By-Laws, Stupid!)
- “Details” Watch: Day 2 Fact Checker
- “Details” Watch: Day 1
- Snark Wednesday-Open Thread
- Memorial Day
- It’s your party.
- Monday Open Thread
- Greetings from Michigan!
- Link Mania otherwise known as Snark Wednesday