As most of our readers know, Friday night was Multi-Partisan Happy Hour with the fine folks from this blog, Grift Drift, Jason Pye and Peach Pundit. The above video clip from the hilarious movie The Trotsky is what I think the right hand of dial thought the BfD crew was going to look like rolling into Manuel’s. Or maybe that is just what I think we look like.

I enjoyed all my conversations and was very happy to meet Obi’s Sister, Bridget, Charlie, Three Jack, Jason, Mike and Bill. I appreciate everyone being cordial and convivial. I think getting to know folks at events like this serves us well as we head into the eye of the fall political storm. Yes, literally and figuratively. I agreed to hear the Yes on Charter School information, and a couple others found an interesting candidate to interview. More on that soon.

Have a great week everyone.

8 Responses to Sunday Evening Open Thread

1. Juliana says:

Random Fact:

Each of the suits on a deck of cards represents the four major pillars of the economy in the middle ages: heart represented the Church, spades represented the military, clubs represented agriculture, and diamonds represented the merchant class.

IRE, we’re just glad you switched to clean underwear.

2. ire says:

No mention of me switching parties? For shame.

Back to the rock face. The GOP campaign of Voter Suppression goes nationwide, Ga.’s own Rep. John Lewis notices & comments:

Found, the definition of socialism. The return of Clinton era Top Marginal Income Tax rates. Historical series & perspective here:

4. Pellegrini says:

Quite pleasant, agreed. But next time the mingling has just got to be in one larger space! It wasn’t until I had to leave that there was enough space in the Eagles Nest to get in. And the folks there were the ones I (mostly) didn’t know and hoped to meet. So, my dear, you are just going to have to arrange for another confab. P.S. promise to give me equal time once you “hear the Yes on Charter Schools information”.

• Trevor Southerland says:

Don’t worry, she has to deal with me on the no side too. 🙂 I think between the two of us we can make sure she votes the proper way.

• Juliana says:

I’m willing to listen o both sides. Maybe we could coordinate some kind of panel discussion about it.

Just a thought.

• Jen B. says:

I missed this conversation and like the idea of a panel discussion or some sort of coordinated blog posting. I’m open to the amendment and need to hear more about it.

I also second Pellegrini’s suggestion of a larger space. The “smoking bar” area would have been better had there not been a reserved event.