For those of you who don’t know, Chris Boedeker is the Republican running against Rep. Scott Holcomb, in a newly redrawn state house district. Yesterday, a poorly made “TV ad” that looks like it was produced in a basement in Montana, was posted by Republican State Rep. Buzz Brockway over at Peach Pundit. Brockway’s only commentary on the post is this:
GOP challenger Chris Boedeker has a new TV ad hitting incumbent Rep. Scott Holcomb for comments Holcomb made during the drug testing debate earlier this year. Full disclosure: I’ve donated to Boedeker’s campaign.
After reading that, I assumed the video was just going to be something about Holcomb being against drug testing poor people and typical Republican talking points… then I actually watched this video and become nothing but shocked.
Jim Galloway over at the AJC’s Political Insider has the full story.
State Rep. Scott Holcomb, D-Atlanta, says his Republican challenger has taken his reluctance to use the word “pee” on the floor of the House and turned it into a “cowardly” accusation that the lawmaker engaged in illegal drug use while serving as an officer in the U.S. Army.
Granted, this isn’t the first time we’ve seen a Georgia Republican do an attack ad on a veteran, but it’s still pathetic.
I’m also a little troubled that Rep. Brockway, as a donor to the campaign in question, didn’t immediately speak up to the video’s false nature… but to his credit, he also didn’t directly endorse its contents.
After being contacted by Mr. Galloway,
Boedeker and his campaign declined to comment on the TV ad, or Holcomb’s characterizations.
What a coward.
UPDATE: The coward removed the video from YouTube… and there was a statement issued by Senator Cleland.
- Brian on Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- JMPrince on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Peaches on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Gerald on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Jilly on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Juliana on TGIF Open Thread
- Bob Peckerwood on TGIF Open Thread
- JMPrince on Sweet Baby Jesus on a breadstick, what an ass
- Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- TGIF Open Thread
- Happy Pride Month!
- Sweet Baby Jesus on a breadstick, what an ass
- Tuesday Roundup
- Chair to Resign Post at Democratic Party of Georgia. Complete with Details.
- Dear John, oops I mean Mike
- “Details” Watch: Day 4 (Can I Get a Witness?)
- “Details” Watch: Day 3 (It’s the By-Laws, Stupid!)
- “Details” Watch: Day 2 Fact Checker
- “Details” Watch: Day 1
- Snark Wednesday-Open Thread
- Memorial Day
- It’s your party.
- Monday Open Thread
- Greetings from Michigan!
- Link Mania otherwise known as Snark Wednesday