Georgia State House Speaker Rep. David Ralson (R-Blue Ridge) gave some clues to the Republican-controlled State House’s 2013 Agenda. Looking over his statements it’s evident that our priorities as a state in 2013 are severely off-track. According to Ralston, he’s got a “$300 million” revenue problem in 2013. What’s the reason for the loss?
1. Poor people – Ralston cites the $300 million as a shortfall in the Medicaid program. You mean the same one he’s been putting off for a few years now while also borrowing from the Medicaid fund ? Yep. The same one that Gov. Deal is refusing over $30 BILLION from the federal government to fund over 10 years? Yep. The same money that State Senator Judson Hill in the article calls “Crack dollars”? Yep
2. No tax increases – How antiquated is Georgia’s tax code? See for yourself.
3. By diverting $1 billion (that’s $1,000,000,000, and over 3 times the amount of the shortfall) to a new sports stadium for the Falcons?…Um, yeah, because that’s a great idea? Nope
Other tidbits – After the Hospital Bed Tax debacle in 2010, Speaker Ralston says he’s “not familiar with a hospital bed tax“….WOW really dude? You don’t even know one of the most fought-over and controversial bills from 2010?…Just 2 years ago?
So who is really the one on crack here? I think we know the answer to that one.
- Jeff Anderson on Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- Brian on Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- JMPrince on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Peaches on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Gerald on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Jilly on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Juliana on TGIF Open Thread
- Bob Peckerwood on TGIF Open Thread
- Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- TGIF Open Thread
- Happy Pride Month!
- Sweet Baby Jesus on a breadstick, what an ass
- Tuesday Roundup
- Chair to Resign Post at Democratic Party of Georgia. Complete with Details.
- Dear John, oops I mean Mike
- “Details” Watch: Day 4 (Can I Get a Witness?)
- “Details” Watch: Day 3 (It’s the By-Laws, Stupid!)
- “Details” Watch: Day 2 Fact Checker
- “Details” Watch: Day 1
- Snark Wednesday-Open Thread
- Memorial Day
- It’s your party.
- Monday Open Thread
- Greetings from Michigan!
- Link Mania otherwise known as Snark Wednesday