Last weekend, John Koster flippantly referred to a terrible crime as “the rape thing.” Below the fold is a press release from Jeff Kazanow (disclaimer: I work with his campaign) to see how this stupid, offensive comment comes right back to Georgia.
(Roswell, GA) Last weekend, Representative Tom Price held a fundraiser in Everett, Washington with radical Tea Party Congressional candidate John Koster, at which Koster expressed his offensive and misguided view that abortions should not be permitted in the instance of “the rape thing.”
Koster is just the latest in a tragic series of Republicans who have articulated scientifically inaccurate, offensive, and deplorable comments about rape, all of whom are connected to Representative Price. Indiana Senate candidate Richard Mourdock has said that rape pregnancies are “a gift from God,” and Missouri Senate candidate Todd Akin stated that women cannot get pregnant from “legitimate rape.” Price, of course, accepted $5,000 from Representative Akin, and despite public calls for him to return the money, he has refused comment on the issue.
“I have absolutely no idea where my opponent stands on the issue of rape, and what he, a medical doctor, believes about a woman’s right to terminate a pregnancy that occurred as a result of rape, and neither do the people of the Sixth District,” said Jeff Kazanow. “To me, the fact that he participated in a fundraiser for a man who flippantly refers to an absolutely disgusting crime as ‘the rape thing’ is despicable, and Georgians deserve some answers.”
“Furthermore, while I am in Georgia, talking to the people of the Sixth District about how we can pragmatically solve our fiscal problems in a bi-partisan way, my opponent is rubbing elbows in Washington State with a guy who minimizes rape to a mere ‘thing,’” continued Kazanow. “There is absolutely nothing right about this situation.” Kazanow is calling on his opponent, Representative Price, to publicly denounce the comments made by his colleagues Mourdock, Akin, and Koster, clarify his positions on abortion, and donate the tainted money given to him by Representative Akin to a charity that helps victims of sexual assault.
Source of Akin Money Claim: http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/08/21/723341/two-congressmen-to-donate-akin-leadership-pac-contributions-to-charity-others-silent/
- Jeff Anderson on Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- Brian on Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- JMPrince on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Peaches on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Gerald on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Jilly on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Juliana on TGIF Open Thread
- Bob Peckerwood on TGIF Open Thread
- Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- TGIF Open Thread
- Happy Pride Month!
- Sweet Baby Jesus on a breadstick, what an ass
- Tuesday Roundup
- Chair to Resign Post at Democratic Party of Georgia. Complete with Details.
- Dear John, oops I mean Mike
- “Details” Watch: Day 4 (Can I Get a Witness?)
- “Details” Watch: Day 3 (It’s the By-Laws, Stupid!)
- “Details” Watch: Day 2 Fact Checker
- “Details” Watch: Day 1
- Snark Wednesday-Open Thread
- Memorial Day
- It’s your party.
- Monday Open Thread
- Greetings from Michigan!
- Link Mania otherwise known as Snark Wednesday