Trying to fight off a Republican supermajority in the State Senate, the Georgia Senate Democratic Caucus recruited Lisa Collins to run in Senate District 11 in the Southwestern area’s January 8th Special Election.
Today those hopes were dashed as Collins withdrew from the State Senate race ensuring a GOP strangehold on the State Senate for the perceivable future. Drat.
From the Senate Press Release -
“While I’m sad that Lisa is unable to go forward with her campaign, I am confident that this is not the last we’ll hear of Lisa Collins. I have been honored to get to know her, and I am glad that she will continue her remarkable work creating jobs in Early County. The current leadership of this state has neglected development, agriculture, and education in rural Georgia for a decade. I hope that our state leaders will rely on Lisa, and others like her, with real experience in these areas,” said Carter.’
- Brian on Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- JMPrince on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Peaches on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Gerald on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Jilly on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Juliana on TGIF Open Thread
- Bob Peckerwood on TGIF Open Thread
- JMPrince on Sweet Baby Jesus on a breadstick, what an ass
- Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- TGIF Open Thread
- Happy Pride Month!
- Sweet Baby Jesus on a breadstick, what an ass
- Tuesday Roundup
- Chair to Resign Post at Democratic Party of Georgia. Complete with Details.
- Dear John, oops I mean Mike
- “Details” Watch: Day 4 (Can I Get a Witness?)
- “Details” Watch: Day 3 (It’s the By-Laws, Stupid!)
- “Details” Watch: Day 2 Fact Checker
- “Details” Watch: Day 1
- Snark Wednesday-Open Thread
- Memorial Day
- It’s your party.
- Monday Open Thread
- Greetings from Michigan!
- Link Mania otherwise known as Snark Wednesday