From the beginning, I was wary of Lisa Collins, the “Democratic” candidate in the Special Election for Senate District 11. If you look at her voting history, you would know what I mean. She voted Republican in 2012 (both primaries), the 2008 Presidential Primary, 2004 (both primaries), and 2002 (both primaries). Then, if you take a look at her Facebook page, the totality of her Democratic “likes” are former Rep. Ralph Long III, Vernon Jones, DuBose Porter, and Roy Barnes. Her Republican, likes, however, include Paulette Rakestraw Braddock, Rand Paul, Herman Cain, Casey “Shoelaces” Cagle, Phil Gingrey, and the Chip Rogers (just to name a few).
From the beginning, I knew she wasn’t a Democrat. But I shut up, because she was “our candidate.”
Now, thanks to a fantastic press release from the Senate Caucus staff, we all know that Lisa Satterfield Collins is no longer “our candidate.” Not that she was ever “our candidate,” but she is absolutely not anymore.
Indefensible. It’s indefensible that we ever even put up a candidate that was not 100% sure that she was in it to win it. It’s indefensible that we put up a Republican to run as a Democrat in the first place. But it’s beyond inexcusable that we don’t have any candidate in this race anymore. This is a marginal seat, and a good, well-funded Democrat could absolutely win it in a general election, much less a free-for-all special election where multiple Republicans are vying against each other as well. So, therefore, we just lost our best chance to pickup a seat in the Georgia Senate. Worse yet, we just lost our chance to stop the Republican supermajority.
So congratulations for a job well done, Senate Caucus staff. We’re really moving forward.
- Jeff Anderson on Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- Brian on Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- JMPrince on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Peaches on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Gerald on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Jilly on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Juliana on TGIF Open Thread
- Bob Peckerwood on TGIF Open Thread
- Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- TGIF Open Thread
- Happy Pride Month!
- Sweet Baby Jesus on a breadstick, what an ass
- Tuesday Roundup
- Chair to Resign Post at Democratic Party of Georgia. Complete with Details.
- Dear John, oops I mean Mike
- “Details” Watch: Day 4 (Can I Get a Witness?)
- “Details” Watch: Day 3 (It’s the By-Laws, Stupid!)
- “Details” Watch: Day 2 Fact Checker
- “Details” Watch: Day 1
- Snark Wednesday-Open Thread
- Memorial Day
- It’s your party.
- Monday Open Thread
- Greetings from Michigan!
- Link Mania otherwise known as Snark Wednesday