There’s a lot going on today at the capitol. DREAM, unfortunately, has already failed, though DADT is on the verge of repeal. As for the latter, I’ve said my piece here before (most immediately, that it’s ludicrous that continue the charade when almost every single one of our allies that are fighting, [...]
After we’re all done rooting for the Falcons at 1 ET and the Braves at 430 ET, please show your support for Doug as he debates Linderite and FairTaxer Rob Woodall at 630 ET on Georgia Public Broadcasting. Gwinnett is changing rapidly, and I don’t see why it and its surrounding counties shouldn’t considered [...]
Remember the “Fighting Dems“? Back in 2006, there was a movement spearheaded by Markos Moulitsas et al promoting military veterans (most of them OIF and OEF vets) running for Congress. Granted, only 5 of the House candidates won, but that cohort notably included folks like Joe Sestak, Tammy Duckworth, and Jim Webb, [...]
Despite pressure from Congress and the White House, the Department of Defense has been banking on an internal review to determine whether or not it will endorse an end to the Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell policy. Despite the obvious and unnecessary red tape at play here, the survey’s feedback has unfortunately been [...]
In June, [Cherokee County Commissioner Derek] Good ended his campaign for a third term after his claims of service as an Army Ranger and an earned bachelor’s degree were challenged by the Cherokee Ledger News. He later acknowledged he [...]
The Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America will be hosting a screening of the film Restrepo at Fort Benning, GA on July 12th at 7:00PM. The screening will feature a Q&A with producers Sebastian Junger and Tim Hetherington.
IAVA is excited to provide both member veterans and civilian supporters with opportunities [...]
While President Obama’s nomination of Gen. David Petraeus to replace Gen. Stanley McChrystal is the lead military story in most news outlets, it’s easy to forget the latest happenings over in Iraq. In particular, Operation Iraqi Freedom (or Operation New Dawn, take your pick) is getting a new commander. Lt. Gen. Lloyd Austin, nominated [...]
- Brian on Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- JMPrince on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Peaches on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Gerald on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Jilly on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Juliana on TGIF Open Thread
- Bob Peckerwood on TGIF Open Thread
- JMPrince on Sweet Baby Jesus on a breadstick, what an ass
- Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- TGIF Open Thread
- Happy Pride Month!
- Sweet Baby Jesus on a breadstick, what an ass
- Tuesday Roundup
- Chair to Resign Post at Democratic Party of Georgia. Complete with Details.
- Dear John, oops I mean Mike
- “Details” Watch: Day 4 (Can I Get a Witness?)
- “Details” Watch: Day 3 (It’s the By-Laws, Stupid!)
- “Details” Watch: Day 2 Fact Checker
- “Details” Watch: Day 1
- Snark Wednesday-Open Thread
- Memorial Day
- It’s your party.
- Monday Open Thread
- Greetings from Michigan!
- Link Mania otherwise known as Snark Wednesday