This year, the Young Democrats of Georgia will be hosting its Annual Convention on the campus of Emory University in Atlanta. This year’s event promises to be the best yet, with a schedule packed full of incredible events.
In order to put on an event like our Convention, we rely on many [...]
Many of you know Trevor Southerland. He’s a regular contributor here at Blog for Democracy, the co-founder of Southeastern Campaign Group, and a former Libertarian.
Well, Trevor is abandoning us all. Sure, he’s starting an incredible new job in Michigan as the Finance Director of the Michigan Senate Democratic Caucus. Sure, it’s a great opportunity [...]
Jim Galloway is reporting that Saxby Chambliss will announce his retirement today.
Likely Republican candidates to replace him include Rep. Tom Price, Rep. Phil Gingrey, Rep. Tom Graves, Rep. Paul Broun, and Karen Handel.
Consider this an open thread to discuss good (and bad) Democratic candidates.
Bob Levinson is an American who has been held hostage in Iran since 2007. Sadly, it’s a story we know all too well, but for me, at least, this one is slightly more personal. Bob’s son is a friend of mine, my former RA when I was a freshman at Emory.
Tonight, on Christmas Eve, [...]
Last night’s elections, nationally, were absolutely incredible for Democrats. President Obama won a decisive victory, and Democrats netted an increase of two Senate seats, and took back some House seats from Tea Party extremists.
Last weekend, John Koster flippantly referred to a terrible crime as “the rape thing.” Below the fold is a press release from Jeff Kazanow (disclaimer: I work with his campaign) to see how this stupid, offensive comment comes right back to Georgia.
Tomorrow, November 1, 2012, my our friend, Daniel Fullerton, will be getting his long-awaited kidney.
Please keep him, his donor, and his family in your thoughts and prayers. We all know he’s going to kick kidney failure’s ass.
However, Daniel’s bills are about to skyrocket. You know, because kidney transplants are not often cheap <insert [...]
While I realize that most regular readers of this blog are already in agreement with me that Amendment 1 is bad for Georgia, I feel like I need to get out some thoughts as to why we need to vote against this dangerous constitutional amendment.
- Brian on Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- JMPrince on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Peaches on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Gerald on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Jilly on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Juliana on TGIF Open Thread
- Bob Peckerwood on TGIF Open Thread
- JMPrince on Sweet Baby Jesus on a breadstick, what an ass
- Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- TGIF Open Thread
- Happy Pride Month!
- Sweet Baby Jesus on a breadstick, what an ass
- Tuesday Roundup
- Chair to Resign Post at Democratic Party of Georgia. Complete with Details.
- Dear John, oops I mean Mike
- “Details” Watch: Day 4 (Can I Get a Witness?)
- “Details” Watch: Day 3 (It’s the By-Laws, Stupid!)
- “Details” Watch: Day 2 Fact Checker
- “Details” Watch: Day 1
- Snark Wednesday-Open Thread
- Memorial Day
- It’s your party.
- Monday Open Thread
- Greetings from Michigan!
- Link Mania otherwise known as Snark Wednesday