First, following a closed door meeting with Atlanta’s Legislative Delegation, Governor Deal announced the appointment of Rep. Stacey Abrams and Beth Beskin (a Republican who ran unsuccessfully for the state Senate in 2010), to act [...]
Nathan Deal told voters Saturday that they deserve a governor with a college degree. Karen Handel said they deserve one with ethics.
Well, meeee-ow. Unfortunately it appears they have decided to “play nicer”.
I ended the last post with the phrase “the coming LEAN years.” Nothing further from the truth. The last couple of years were lean. This year will brutal, especially for the next State Superintendent of Schools.
Our General Assembly and Governor have passed yet another budget that does not take into account any possibility [...]
So why is it that teachers are constantly getting the short-end of the stick? Tell me if you can see which way the winds are blowing when it comes to society’s view of teachers.
Here is the front page of the U.S. Section of CNN.com. Click on it to see the full-size as it appeared [...]
Clayton County certainly is no stranger to negative press when it comes to it’s school system, especially these last few months. Between teachers threatening Soprano-like violence against students, teachers fighting each other over highly public love triangles (exacerbated by Facebook, of all things), to public missteps in its attempt to cover its [...]
I listened to a speech by candidate for Governor David Poythress this last Saturday and I was impressed… until he said this: “teacher pay is on par… that is not the problem.”
I told his staffer, that ain’t cool. But then I saw this today from about 17 days earlier and I am left [...]
Back in January 2007 in his first act as senator, decorated Vietnam War veteran and former Secretary of the Navy Jim Webb, the then-junior senator from Virginia, proposed a massive and desperately needed update to what many have called one of the most important pieces of legislation ever to be enacted into law. Despite [...]
In the latest case of sock-puppetry, the bad Kathy Cox, made comments after Sonny did what the Georgia General Assembly needed him to do… You and I both know that the legislature did NOT do everything they needed to do. They could have come back. They could have cut corporate graft, er, [...]
- Jeff Anderson on Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- Brian on Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- JMPrince on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Peaches on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Gerald on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Jilly on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Juliana on TGIF Open Thread
- Bob Peckerwood on TGIF Open Thread
- Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- TGIF Open Thread
- Happy Pride Month!
- Sweet Baby Jesus on a breadstick, what an ass
- Tuesday Roundup
- Chair to Resign Post at Democratic Party of Georgia. Complete with Details.
- Dear John, oops I mean Mike
- “Details” Watch: Day 4 (Can I Get a Witness?)
- “Details” Watch: Day 3 (It’s the By-Laws, Stupid!)
- “Details” Watch: Day 2 Fact Checker
- “Details” Watch: Day 1
- Snark Wednesday-Open Thread
- Memorial Day
- It’s your party.
- Monday Open Thread
- Greetings from Michigan!
- Link Mania otherwise known as Snark Wednesday