The electoral college is a relic of the 18th century that gives disproportionate weight to voters in smaller states and focuses attention on a dozen “swing” ones. The videographic, below, explains more.
Sometimes it is horrifyingly embarrassing to live in Georgia. Take the current legal challenge to President Obama’s name appearing on the Presidential Preference Ballot because he is not a natural-born US Citizen. I think when we heard about this we thought it would be quietly dismissed. But, no! Not in Georgia. The Administrative Law [...]
Remember the “Fighting Dems“? Back in 2006, there was a movement spearheaded by Markos Moulitsas et al promoting military veterans (most of them OIF and OEF vets) running for Congress. Granted, only 5 of the House candidates won, but that cohort notably included folks like Joe Sestak, Tammy Duckworth, and Jim Webb, [...]
WIN List is excited to announce that when we introduce our endorsed candidates on August 26th, one of our generous supporters, Jesse Crawford of Crawford Communication, has agreed to match the first $5,000 raised to support our 27 outstanding endorsed women.
That’s right, today, your $10 is really $20, your [...]
Torrey O. Johnson, Graham Balch, Shawn James, Kenneth Samuel, David Wilkerson, Rep. Tom Weldon, Josh Clark and Sen. John Wiles- all are candidates for the Georgia [...]
This week’s, erm, honor(?), goes to…..all the candidates inviting me to events that not only aren’t in their district, but are WAY OUTSIDE.
For whatever reason this has been a bipartisan phenomenon this year.
The people you need to reach to win your election, are in a specifically contained area. The district. You reach [...]
The Georgia Supreme Court just issued a unanimous decision that says the state can continue to use electronic touchscreen voting machines in elections and rejects the argument that these machines are unconstitutional because they can be fraudulently manipulated. The high court’s ruling was logical, rational and intelligently reasoned — which means we can look forward [...]
- Jeff Anderson on Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- Brian on Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- JMPrince on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Peaches on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Gerald on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Jilly on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Juliana on TGIF Open Thread
- Bob Peckerwood on TGIF Open Thread
- Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- TGIF Open Thread
- Happy Pride Month!
- Sweet Baby Jesus on a breadstick, what an ass
- Tuesday Roundup
- Chair to Resign Post at Democratic Party of Georgia. Complete with Details.
- Dear John, oops I mean Mike
- “Details” Watch: Day 4 (Can I Get a Witness?)
- “Details” Watch: Day 3 (It’s the By-Laws, Stupid!)
- “Details” Watch: Day 2 Fact Checker
- “Details” Watch: Day 1
- Snark Wednesday-Open Thread
- Memorial Day
- It’s your party.
- Monday Open Thread
- Greetings from Michigan!
- Link Mania otherwise known as Snark Wednesday