Ninety years after women gained the right to vote, women still rarely have the opportunity to vote in the Georgia House and Senate.
In 1977, President Carter designated August 26th, “Women’s Equality Day.” This year, on August 26th, we have two great things to celebrate: the 90th anniversary of women’s suffrage and the 28 outstanding [...]
WIN List is excited to announce that when we introduce our endorsed candidates on August 26th, one of our generous supporters, Jesse Crawford of Crawford Communication, has agreed to match the first $5,000 raised to support our 27 outstanding endorsed women.
That’s right, today, your $10 is really $20, your [...]
This is cool on so many levels. This summer, WIN List is busy cultivating the next generation of women leaders while we’re helping women get elected this year. You already know about our WIN Corps program. Now, I want to introduce you to Kali Stitt, a rising junior at the Atlanta Girls’ [...]
Let’s face it. Karen Handel ran a great race, and she was by far her party’s strongest candidate, but now, she will sit on the sidelines and watch while Barnes takes Deal apart. In coming days, there will be analysis ad nauseam regarding why Karen Handel was unable to win her party’s nomination.
It could [...]
I don’t know about you, but I’d rather not see Democrats in one of the bluest districts in Georgia, HD75, elect a self-described “pro-life, pro-NRA, constitutionalist” who just eight months ago ran for the same seat as a Republican, who misrepresented his employment on his website (but changed it since [...]
“Making Women’s Equality a Reality” is quite a process. While the doors to the voting booth opened to women nearly 90 years ago, women are still under-represented in elected office. In Georgia, fewer than 20% of those who serve in the legislature are women, and last session, only 8 women served in the Georgia [...]
I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but lately there have been some folks, some from Georgia and a couple not from around here, who want us to believe that just because of their gender, they’re advocates for the issues that matter most to Georgia women and families. One of them even wants to be Governor. [...]
Whoever thought that Georgia’s WIN List would be blogging? We are, or I should say, our new WIN Corps staffers, Folana Houston, Rasti Hollingsworth and Ashley Robinson, are, and you can follow them here.
Right now, Folana, Rasti, and Ashley are with our e.d. Anna Beck in Texas, participating in intensive, soup [...]
- Jeff Anderson on Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- Brian on Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- JMPrince on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Peaches on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Gerald on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Jilly on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Juliana on TGIF Open Thread
- Bob Peckerwood on TGIF Open Thread
- Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- TGIF Open Thread
- Happy Pride Month!
- Sweet Baby Jesus on a breadstick, what an ass
- Tuesday Roundup
- Chair to Resign Post at Democratic Party of Georgia. Complete with Details.
- Dear John, oops I mean Mike
- “Details” Watch: Day 4 (Can I Get a Witness?)
- “Details” Watch: Day 3 (It’s the By-Laws, Stupid!)
- “Details” Watch: Day 2 Fact Checker
- “Details” Watch: Day 1
- Snark Wednesday-Open Thread
- Memorial Day
- It’s your party.
- Monday Open Thread
- Greetings from Michigan!
- Link Mania otherwise known as Snark Wednesday