The House of Representatives voted by a very narrow margin Sunday night to pass the healthcare reform bill. Regardless of the closeness of the vote, it will soon become the law of the land when President Barack Obama signs it.
It appears that House Democrats will have just enough votes to pass the healthcare reform bill when it finally comes up for consideration sometime Sunday evening.
Michigan Rep. Bart Stupak and several other anti-abortion Democrats have reached an agreement with President Barack Obama that basically allows them to save face while voting for the bill. [...]
Nathan Deal did Democrats a big favor by deciding to resign early from his seat in the U.S. House to concentrate on running for governor (Deal did himself an even bigger favor, because his early resignation will squelch an embarrassing move by the House Ethics Committee to resolve an ethics complaint related to Deal’s lucrative [...]
Massachusetts Democrats — most especially Martha Coakley — have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory and managed to give away a U.S. Senate seat that had been held by Democrats for more than half a century. With Republican Scott Brown headed to Washington, let’s speculate on what some of the long-term effects might be.
The vote was taken and the deed is done: healthcare reform legislation passed the U.S. Senate in the early morning hours of Christmas Eve with every Democratic and independent senator voting for it and every Republican voting against it. No big surprise there. It is also no big surprise that we will continue to hear [...]
Zell Miller’s favorite Democratic congressman, Rep. Jim Marshall of Macon, has shown once again that he will always be a reliable go-to guy for Republicans in the House. Marshall told the Macon Telegraph this week that he basically hates all the Democratic versions of the health insurance reform bills, even the one drafted by [...]
U.S. Rep. John Linder is among those who are making the early prediction that Republicans will win back their majority in the House of Representatives because of voter opposition to the healthcare reform plan being pushed by President Barack Obama and the Democrats.
- Brian on Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- JMPrince on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Peaches on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Gerald on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Jilly on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Juliana on TGIF Open Thread
- Bob Peckerwood on TGIF Open Thread
- JMPrince on Sweet Baby Jesus on a breadstick, what an ass
- Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- TGIF Open Thread
- Happy Pride Month!
- Sweet Baby Jesus on a breadstick, what an ass
- Tuesday Roundup
- Chair to Resign Post at Democratic Party of Georgia. Complete with Details.
- Dear John, oops I mean Mike
- “Details” Watch: Day 4 (Can I Get a Witness?)
- “Details” Watch: Day 3 (It’s the By-Laws, Stupid!)
- “Details” Watch: Day 2 Fact Checker
- “Details” Watch: Day 1
- Snark Wednesday-Open Thread
- Memorial Day
- It’s your party.
- Monday Open Thread
- Greetings from Michigan!
- Link Mania otherwise known as Snark Wednesday