So, earlier today Karen Handel resigned from the Susan G. Komen Foundation. Her letter here. It includes turning down the severance package, which seems dumb, unless she wants to go public with more of the story.
The last three days of wading through outraged FaceBook, Twitter, email and phone calls about the stand the Susan G. Komen Foundation took to withdraw funding for breast cancer screenings, has me worn out. I certainly found out who believes in women’s wellness and who doesn’t.
The Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation announced today that it will stop supporting lifesaving breast cancer screenings for low-income and underserved women at Planned Parenthood health centers. The news that Komen had caved to pressure from Radical Republicans circulated around the web and inboxes today.
What got less coverage was [...]
The associated press reports that today, Karen Handel, who campaigned on the theme of an “honest, ethical and transparent government” said that she supports the “Republican ticket” but stopped short of a ringing endorsement for Nathan Deal, who she once called a “corrupt relic of Washington.” In fact, with the exception of a [...]
Karen Handel gave a gracious concession statement, but someone on her team neglected to delete this post”:Ethics, Grand Juries, Nathan Deal and George Soros.” Karen’s team went after Deal claws bared and in the process took liberals, the media and George Soros (George Soros?) off the hook. Here’s a taste:
Today, Nathan Deal [...]
To say,”welcome, come in, have a seat and a sip or two of our sweet tea,” I’ll be wearing my green jacket to the DPG convention on Saturday. I want all the Republican and Independent women who once supported Karen Handel, the strongest Republican candidate for Governor, to know that the welcome mat is out. [...]
Let’s face it. Karen Handel ran a great race, and she was by far her party’s strongest candidate, but now, she will sit on the sidelines and watch while Barnes takes Deal apart. In coming days, there will be analysis ad nauseam regarding why Karen Handel was unable to win her party’s nomination.
It could [...]
In my heavily Republican precinct, at 8 a.m. this morning, there was one person waiting to vote, and one other person leaving. I’ve seen more people there for a SPLOST vote. I don’t presume that this anecdotal snapshot predicts low turn out statewide, but it’s interesting. Certainly, if turnout is low in Middle and South [...]
- Jeff Anderson on Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- Brian on Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- JMPrince on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Peaches on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Gerald on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Jilly on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Juliana on TGIF Open Thread
- Bob Peckerwood on TGIF Open Thread
- Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- TGIF Open Thread
- Happy Pride Month!
- Sweet Baby Jesus on a breadstick, what an ass
- Tuesday Roundup
- Chair to Resign Post at Democratic Party of Georgia. Complete with Details.
- Dear John, oops I mean Mike
- “Details” Watch: Day 4 (Can I Get a Witness?)
- “Details” Watch: Day 3 (It’s the By-Laws, Stupid!)
- “Details” Watch: Day 2 Fact Checker
- “Details” Watch: Day 1
- Snark Wednesday-Open Thread
- Memorial Day
- It’s your party.
- Monday Open Thread
- Greetings from Michigan!
- Link Mania otherwise known as Snark Wednesday