One of the most laughable aspects of the controversy over Rush Limbaugh’s failed attempt to buy part of an NFL franchise is the outbreak of blog posts by right-wingers who whine that “it’s just so unfair what’s being done to Rush.” They claim it’s all a plot by the leftist, radical NFL to get Limbaugh [...]
Video here, story here.
In an interview with NBC’s Brian Williams, former Democratic President Jimmy Carter attributed much of the conservative opposition that President Obama is receiving to the issue of race.
“I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that [...]
When the Senate Judiciary Committee holds its hearing this week on the confirmation of Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor, the ranking Republican member of the committee will be a white senator from Alabama named Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III. Sessions, who has been one of the most outspoken critics of the Latina judge, has a very [...]
I’m sure this will do wonders for the GOP’s outreach efforts with minority voters. Rusty DePass, described as a longtime Republican Party activist in South Carolina, stirred up a bit of a media controversy when he mused in a Facebook posting that a gorilla escaping from the Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia was probably related to [...]
Conservative activist Marcus Epstein has pleaded guilty to assaulting an African American woman in Georgetown nearly two years ago. In court filings, federal prosecutors alleged that Epstein “was walking down the street making offensive remarks when he encountered the
complainant, Ms. [REDACTED], who is African-American. The defendant [Epstein] uttered, ‘Nigger,’ as he delivered a [...]
Highly recommended: a column in the New York Times by Charles M. Blow that calls out the loudmouths who are screaming that Judge Sonia Sotomayor is a racist. Blow makes the point that it is quite hypocritical for people who have a history of making racially charged comments to all of a sudden discover [...]
- Brian on Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- JMPrince on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Peaches on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Gerald on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Jilly on Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- Juliana on TGIF Open Thread
- Bob Peckerwood on TGIF Open Thread
- JMPrince on Sweet Baby Jesus on a breadstick, what an ass
- Hey, look here we’ve already had the Alice in Wonderland post once! Now on to Oz!
- Alice in Wonderland Open Thread
- TGIF Open Thread
- Happy Pride Month!
- Sweet Baby Jesus on a breadstick, what an ass
- Tuesday Roundup
- Chair to Resign Post at Democratic Party of Georgia. Complete with Details.
- Dear John, oops I mean Mike
- “Details” Watch: Day 4 (Can I Get a Witness?)
- “Details” Watch: Day 3 (It’s the By-Laws, Stupid!)
- “Details” Watch: Day 2 Fact Checker
- “Details” Watch: Day 1
- Snark Wednesday-Open Thread
- Memorial Day
- It’s your party.
- Monday Open Thread
- Greetings from Michigan!
- Link Mania otherwise known as Snark Wednesday